Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

New blog!

At least, I'm transferring over from the other blog. I thought it was strange, my blog title had something to do with a chicken?!
This appears more appropriate!
Now while there are more vibrant items of Fourth of July type theme on etsy, I really liked this one, because 1. it is vintage 2. it reminds me of something you would see in a small town and 3. well, I just like it! I'm sure there are more reasons, but those are the ones at the moment. It sort of reminds me of a birthday (even though the United States of America is a rather young country in comparison to some) and that it has been a long time since our nation was created.

Other than that, today it rained. It rained a lot. Three whole inches. Our pond has been dwindling away, so we really needed it. It'll finally green up again :)

Like grandmother said today at grace during lunch "Dear Lord, thank you for the rain, which we needed very much, but we did not need that much! Amen." We all had a good chuckle over this. Lunch was barbeque ribs, cheesey potatoes, a vegetable dish with homemade garlicky ranch, tomatoes from the garden, garlic buttered toast and the slaw (which we forgot in the refridgerator). Oh and last but not least, strawberry lover's pie. Which was dropped... and the glass broke. I am glad to say, I was more than willing to eat the entire pie, so no one would choke on glass... it was a big YUM! Despite being dropped! And if dropping it made pies tasted good like that pie, I'm going to start dropping my pies.

Before we left to eat lunch, we went out to the farm and took care of everything and everyone. There was a big fat toad and a snake with two lumps in it in the shed trying to hide from the rain. And later tonight, a lot of frogs on the road. And a poor (baby) micro-skunk running around. You know it's wet when the frogs are running from the water!

It's almost midnight, so I better finish this. I wanted to tell everyone, Happy Fourth of July - Happy Independence Day! Happy Birthday, United States of America! :)

P.S. I hope no one has blown off their hands... or any body parts! :)

Note: I think small towns tend to have bigger fireworks and firecrackers ;) At least, more impressive than the ones seen in LA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home